WHY THE DeMILE SPRING LOADED DUMMY
DeMILE SPRING LOADED DUMMY
- Excellent arm movement options
- Good height adjustment options
- Excellent for creating techniques
- Wide range of trapping potential
- Good arm conditioning
- Excellent angular control options
- Good perimeter control
- Excellent paired body/arm movements
- Good low block options
- Excellent Closing/trapping options
- Realistic ranges for low kicks
- Excellent for training basic blocking
- Cushioned body/head punching options
- Excellent for immobilization angles
- Dummy reacts to technique
- Half, or less, the cost of a Mook Jong
CLASSICAL DUMMY (MOOK JONG)
- No arm movement options
- No height adjustment options
- Limited options for creativity
- Very limited trapping potential
- Excellent arm conditioning
- Limited angular control options
- No perimeter control
- No paired body/arm movements
- Very limited low block options
- Limited Closing/Trapping options
- Unrealistic distance for kicks
- Limited options for training blocks
- No cushioned punching options
- No immobilization options
- Dummy does not react to technique
I trained on the traditional Mook Jong for a number of years and became frustrated by the limitations in training caused by the rigidity of the arms as well as the tight placement of the arms to the chest. It seemed to have been designed for someone very small framed. The arm configuration confined all technique to a small area and did not allow for the bigger and broader western practitioner. My trapping and flow techniques were confined to a small space and any creativity was restricted by the lack of dummy arm movement. I found when working with a real person I needed true feedback on how his arms would react to my direct and angled pressure, so I could respond accordingly. The Mook Jong made me adapt my techniques to it, rather than give me freedom of flowing expression. These limitations of the Mook Jong motivated me to design and build something that added to my creativity rather than stifle it.
All the DeMile Spring Loaded Dummys were designed and will be made by James DeMile and are made of tubular steel and high density body and head sponge and can easily be disassembled for storage in a small area. The basic dummy has three arms and can fit into a doorway or be permanently installed. The outer arms can be removed and a high center arm can be installed for centerline training. The dummy is designed for light to moderate knee or groin kicks. The variety of models, four arm and groin with two legs is to offer a broader option for training. All models can be used with the timers. Please direct any questions to Sijo DeMile.
DUMMIES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
REMOVABLE DOORWAY DUMMY - $265.00
For condo's or apartments with limited space. Can fit a doorway opening from 28 to 36 inches with standard doorway height.
PERMANENTLY INSTALLED DUMMY - $265.00
May be attached inside to a wall or in a garage.
All dummy orders include a training dvd on foot work and basic hand applications for using the spring loaded dummy.
Available in the near future will be a series of drills and exercise forms for dummy training.
Prices include domestic shipping. TWCD Association members receive a 10% discount.
TWCD accepts money orders (US dollars only), domestic checks, and credit/debit cards using PayPal.
For credit/debit card orders, click one of the above titles or images. If you are outside the continental US, select 'International shipping' for shipping cost.
See our contacts page for the address to send checks/money orders or for additional information.